Have you been having trouble farming since 1.0.3? I know many players out there right now are struggling to gear up for Act 2/3/4 of Inferno. With that in mind I went in search of the most EFFICIENT and STEADY stream of income, so that each hour you put into the game you could see tangible results. Find out how you can make over 250k/hour BEFORE factoring in any great drops you may find.
Credit for this guide goes out to DrConfused, a member of the forums(and an internal medicine doctor over in Germany), here’s the forum thread he made: http://www.thehealthygamer.com/forum/showthread.php?144-The-Dr-s-Act-1-Farming-Run
Screenshot of the exact equipment build I used to get 261% gold find, just click like to reveal the picture.
- Start in Act 1, Quest 9, The Fallen Angel at begin quest. This will allow you to kill both the Warden and the Butcher for four guaranteed rares.
- Go out the northwest gate and clear the zone right there. Usually you can find between 3-5 elite packs here.
- Continue on to the Cemetery of the Forsaken, there should be one elite pack wandering around the cemetery. Clear all three crypts and developmental hell if you find it. There should be 1-3 elite packs inside each crypt.
- Use the waypoint to go to the Old Ruins Waypoint when you have 5 stacks- Look for the Dark Cellar on the southwestern part of the little map here, there is a chance for elites or treasure demon inside.
- Once you’ve cleared the crypts teleport back to town and take the waypoint to the Festering Woods. Here there are 2-4 elite packs and then two caves that have between 3-5 elite packs plus resplendent chests and possible treasure demons.
- Clear the Festering Woods and both caves then port back to down and take the waypoint to Highland Crossing. Go across the bridge and just clear the zone, there should be 3-5 elite packs here and a cave with more elites and possible resplendent/treasure demons.
- Continue on to Northern Highlands, there should be another cave here with resplendents and treasure demons.
- Clear into the courtyard of Leoric’s manor, there should be one elite pack there.
- Now port back to town, take the Leoric Manor waypoint(I know, you were just there, but there’s no point in clearing the inside of the manor). Continue on and clear the Halls of Agony, kill the Warden, and kill the Butcher.
You should run into 35+ elite packs through the whole thing, get several treasure demons and several resplendents as well.
The Loot Breakdown
- Gold - 792,795 to 1,222,069 – From mob drops and vendoring anything iLvl 59 and below – 429,274 total
- Exquisite Essence – 145 – Sold for 217,500
- Tome of Secrets – 65 – Sold for 42,640
- Gems – Enough to craft 1 Perfect Square Amethyst, 1 Perfect Square Emerald, 1 Perfect Square Topaz. – Sold for 97,429
TOTAL GOLD GAINED without accounting for items that can be sold: 786,843
Total Time Spent: 3hrs 40mins = 214,594 PURE GOLD per hour without accounting for items to be sold on the Auction House
iLvl 63 rares found:
- Weapons – 4
- Armor – 2
Screenshot of all the loot I found on the run. I’m GIVING AWAY all of these on a first-come, first-serve basis on my forums here.
Overall didn’t find anything amazing, but a few of the pieces should sell on the Auction House. This is where it gets really exciting, because you KNOW you’ll be earning at LEAST 200k/hr just from pure gold, and then you have a chance of finding some really spectacular items that you can throw on the AH for 10, 50, 100 million gold.
How much gold per hour are you making? Have any more efficient farming builds/methods? Discuss it on the forums, click here!
For more d3 monk builds visit the Monk builds page here. Check out this post for my favorite 1.0.3 farming spot. Click here for more articles related to health and fitness. Get good karma and great free items by visiting the “good karma” forums here.